The Refugee Hub is seeking a student to fill in the role of Technology Assistant for the 2021/2022 academic year. This role is a unique opportunity to work with a creative, dynamic, and geographically dispersed team on some of the most exciting projects in the world within the refugee protection space. The Refugee Hub works closely with partners including the Government of Canada and the UNHCR.
Under the supervision of the Finance and Administrative Officer, the Technology Assistant (Student) will:
- Support Ottawa based staff as well as remote staff (in Canada and oversees) in resolving hardware and software issues;
- Support tracking of all assets globally (hardware and software) for both inventory and lifecycle management purposes;
- Assist in the development of technology related procedures;
- Review and recommend technical specifications for new desktop and laptop purchases as well as other equipment as required;
- Setup and configure all new and replacement laptops and desktops both in Ottawa and through remote connection application;
- Support on-boarding and off-boarding of users, by creating, modifying, and removing MS office accounts and phone extensions;
- Provide basic training for staff in using software/apps more effectively and efficiently including ensuring new staff is briefed on the use of the Hub’s IT systems;
- Liaise with the University of Ottawa IT department to troubleshoot any problems with University of Ottawa peripherals;
- Support virtual events (via zoom, MS teams) as required.
- A minimum of 2 years in an IT customer service environment;
- Strong knowledge of MS Suite and various remote connectivity applications;
- Ability to analyze business/system requirements based on user input and business process;
- Proven ability to be organized and effectively handle many demands;
- Experience identifying training opportunities and providing “links to self-help” or “in-house” user training;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and superior customer service skills;
- Strong technical ability coupled with the aptitude to be self-directed in prioritizing problem solving.
Students must be registered in a computer science program at Ottawa Greater Region college/university for the 2021/2022 academic year. This position will run from May 2021 and will average 14 hours a week at $20 per hour.
Please apply through Bamboo HR at refugeehub.bamboohr.com/jobs by April 26, 2021 to be considered for this position.